Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There's nothing new here just CG's tried and true multi-purpose salsa recipe. It's quick, cheap and resourceful using up leftovers from the refrigerator and pantry. The reason I use grapefruit juice is because grapefruit is my favorite fruit and I always have it on hand. This is the salsa I use when a particular recipe calls for '1 cup salsa', for example. Note: Use a surplus of tomatoes but not old tomatoes. Substitute the canned variety if your toms are beyond salvaging.
- 4 -5 small tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, chopped* (I don't bother seeding or de-veining)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice (or 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lime juice)
- 1 -2 bell pepper, seeded and membrane removed, chopped (red, orange, yellow)
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until almost smooth or to desired consistency.
- *For a less spicy version, substitute milder anaheim or poblano chile.
- Yield is estimated.