This is a simple, healthy, and unusually spiced soup. It is really satisfying.
Make and share this Tibetan Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml dried lentils, rinsed
- 1419.54 ml water
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 709.77 ml undrained canned tomatoes
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 7.39 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cumin
- Bring the lentils and water to a boil, then reduce the hear, cover and simmer until tender- about 20 minutes Meanwhile, heat oil and saute the onions, garlic and chile for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, coriander and cumin and saute for another minute, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat and set aside When lentils are tender, coarsely chop the tomatoes right in the can and stir them into the soup pot.
- Add the chopped cilantro, salt, and sauteed vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until all of the vegetables are tender.