Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has never seen Mexico or China just the inside of my fridge but when I made it tonight I thought it ended up good enough to eat and post. It's one of those clear out the older veggies etc. and create a new dish!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 stalks fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped (more or less - your choice)
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, dried
- salt & pepper
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (more or less up to you)
- Spray a large skillet or wok with veggie oil (I use lite olive oil).
- Add all the ingredients except the sauce and cook over medium heat, turning the contents frequently for about 20 minutes- don't over cook but the purpose is to reduce the moisture so you have FRIED rice not mush Add the sauce, add a bit then taste and adjust to you likeing.
- Adjust seasoning (Salt& pepper).
- Serve hot.