Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The crusts in this recipe cost less than .80 each to make, and they can be frozen up to 4 months stacked between layers of freezer-quality plastic wrap and wrapped tightly with foil. From Prevention's Freezer cookbook.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar; Stir well. Let stand in a warm place for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Stir in the cornmeal, salt, and oil.
- Stir in enough flour to make a kneadable dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as necessary, for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Coat a large bowl with non-stick spray. Add the dough and turn to coat all sides. Cover and set in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a 12" circle.
- Bake at 450 for 30 minutes (or add 10 minutes to whatever pizza recipe you are following).
- If you freeze them, you dont have to thaw before using them. Just add your toppings and bake as directed.