Munchkin Mama's Note:
The crusts in this recipe cost less than .80 each to make, and they can be frozen up to 4 months stacked between layers of freezer-quality plastic wrap and wrapped tightly with foil. From Prevention's Freezer cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar; Stir well. Let stand in a warm place for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2Stir in the cornmeal, salt, and oil.
- 3Stir in enough flour to make a kneadable dough.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as necessary, for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- 5Coat a large bowl with non-stick spray. Add the dough and turn to coat all sides. Cover and set in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- 6Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a 12" circle.
- 7Bake at 450 for 30 minutes (or add 10 minutes to whatever pizza recipe you are following).
- 8If you freeze them, you dont have to thaw before using them. Just add your toppings and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick-Crust Pizza Shells- OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g