Munchkin Mama's Note:
The crusts in this recipe cost less than .80 each to make, and they can be frozen up to 4 months stacked between layers of freezer-quality plastic wrap and wrapped tightly with foil. From Prevention's Freezer cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar; Stir well. Let stand in a warm place for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- 2Stir in the cornmeal, salt, and oil.
- 3Stir in enough flour to make a kneadable dough.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead, adding more flour as necessary, for 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- 5Coat a large bowl with non-stick spray. Add the dough and turn to coat all sides. Cover and set in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- 6Divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a 12" circle.
- 7Bake at 450 for 30 minutes (or add 10 minutes to whatever pizza recipe you are following).
- 8If you freeze them, you dont have to thaw before using them. Just add your toppings and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thick-Crust Pizza Shells- OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g