1/2 Photos of The "sommer" Smoothie
I call this The "Sommer" Smoothie for two reasons. The first is because that is how my name is spelled, even though it's pronounced like the season and the second is because it is my own creation. It is definitely Summertime, too! :) I made up this smoothie myself using ingredients I had on hand and a couple that were leftovers from dinner that night, but weren't enough to save and I didn't want to waste yummy fruit. This smoothie is not only dairy-free, but has fruit and chocolate in it. I completely eye-balled the ingredients, but I have approximated them to the best of my ability here. I had this for dessert, but it makes a great snack, brunch, or breakfast drink. This ended up making about 20oz or so, and I had enough for a yummy dessert that night and froze the leftovers. I thawed the smoothie for a few hours in the fridge the next morning and then on the counter for another hour or so and had a tasty mid-morning snack. The ingredients can be varied in amounts and type to suit your needs and tastes. My bf liked it, but he's not a soy milk fan. I don't have much of a choice, lol, as I have to be careful about dairy. I just love this drink. I've actually made many combinations just from learning what flavors work together and experimenting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soymilk (my favorite is Silk brand)
- 1 large banana
- 3/4-1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3/4-1 cup frozen raspberries (use a mix of berries ususually called a berry blend which contains the raspberries, blueberries, and) or 3/4-1 cup frozen blueberries (use a mix of berries) or 3/4-1 cup frozen blackberrie (use a mix of berries)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup (Hershey's brand is dairy-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunk, reserve juice
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1Place all ingredients into a blender.
- 2Blend until ingredients are a smoothie consistency. Pour into a large glass and sip through a straw or enjoy without a straw, whichever you prefer.
- 3Note: I also added to this smoothie one scoop of Citrucel Clear Mix fiber supplement. This is totally optional of course. If you want, you might even try adding in your favorite powdered nutritional supplement instead, like protein powder, for example, but I don't know how anything else would affect the taste of the smoothie. I know the Citrucel Clear Mix doesn't affect the taste at all and blends in well.
- 4(I'm also going to try mango today.).
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The "sommer" Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 52.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g