Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My MIL taught me to cook this way. Stir frying the broccoli is one of the best ways to cook it-- without losing any vitamins and nutrients. I have also used the method with asparagus and green beans.
- 473.18 ml chopped broccoli
- olive oil, to cover pan (about 2-3 tbsp)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml ground ginger or 1 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced paper thin
- soy sauce
- heat olive oil in frying pan, add garlic and fresh ginger (if using powdered, add after adding broccoli), sauté about one minute.
- add broccoli, cover and cook till bright green and slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan to serving dish. Sprinkle with soy sauce and cover. serve immediately, before the broccoli wilts.
Simple .. and the kids like it!
Very simple and tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag.
I wanted to minimize fat and make them less crispy, so I coated the pan in 0 cal cooking spray and added 1/4 cup of water to the pan halfway through cooking. I loved it, but my husband who hates veggies also loved it!