This wonderful recipe is from the Weekend magazine. I just LOVE it and hope you too will!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons pure wesson canola oil or 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled, washed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a wok.
- 2Add the garlic and sauté on medium flame until the raw smell is gone and it starts to brown.
- 3Add the sliced onion and red bell pepper.
- 4Sauté on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- 5Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper and salt to taste.
- 6Mix well with the other ingredients.
- 7Sprinkle spring onions over the rice immediately before serving.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Bell Pepper and Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g