Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tastes like the holidays! Use as a side dish, dessert, or over ice cream or pound cake. I just eat it as is with a spoon. Originally from the McCormick spice company. Doubles and triples easily.
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup whole dried fig, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix everything in saucepan, simmer gently for 15 minutes, let cool.
Very good and easy! We had this over vanilla ice cream and it tastes sort-of like mincemeat -- yummm! Thanks for sharing!