Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
5-alarmer! I got this one from an employee of a local Tex-Mex / Mexican restaurant.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Hot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (or no salt added tomato paste)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely minced canned jalapenos, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt (or salt substitute)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Combine the tomato paste with the water in a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat mixture over medium high heat until it begins to boil.
- Continue to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- When sauce is cool enough to taste, try a sample and call your local Fire Department if necessary.
- If it's not hot enough for you, add some jalapenos and/or cayenne pepper and/or ground red pepper.
- When sauce has cooled sufficiently poured it into a sealed container and refrigerate.