1/2 Photos of Tex-Mex Fideo
Another little recipe I found in our local paper. This one has NO meat in it, but feel free to add pieces of chicken or other tender meat to this mix. Small pieces will cook in the time required for the noodles to become tender. Or, just serve with grilled or pan seared chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a wide skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook for 10 min, until quite reduced in size and golden, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 min more.
- 4Break the vermicelli into short lengths (2 inches or so) and add them to the skillet as you do.
- 5Stir and cook for 3-4 minute They will turn opaque and then begin to brown.
- 6Stir them often, and when many of them are brown and the others are opaque, add the salt, pepper, cumin, green chilies, tomato sauce, and water.
- 7Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 min or until the noodles are tender.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Fideo
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 891.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g