1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Rice Wedges
This is great on the grill! You need to chill it about 2 hours, or overnight.This came from "365 Great Barbecue & Grilling Recipes by Lonnie Gandara.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil in a 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- 2Add rice.
- 3When water returns to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- 4Remove lid, and let cool for about 10 minutes but do not stir.
- 5Line a 9-inch round cake pan with foil or plastic wrap so that a surplus extends well beyond the edges.
- 6Spread warm rice evenly in pan, packing down well with back of spoon.
- 7Cover with another large piece of plastic wrap.
- 8Using bottom of an 8-inch cake pan (or bottom of a saucepan), press rice down firmly until a compact"cake" is formed between the 2 sheets of plastic wrap in cake pan.
- 9Let cool to room temperature and then remove empty pan.
- 10Refrigerate rice until firm and cold, 2 hours or overnight.
- 11Remove and discard top layer of plastic wrap and invert rice cake onto a cutting board.
- 12Peel off and discard foil or plastic lining.
- 13Using a large sharp knife, cut rice cake into 8 pie shaped wedges.
- 14In a small bowl, mix soy sauce with brown sugar until dissolved.
- 15Stir in sesame oil and peanut oil.
- 16Prepare a medium-hot fire.
- 17Brush rice wedges with soy mixture.
- 18Place on an oiled grill and cook, turning once and brushing with marinade every 2 to 3 minutes, until edges are brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Rice Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 970.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g