Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a wonderful, flavorful side dish! Chopped, fried chicken can also be mixed in to make it a main dish meal.
- 4 cups water or 4 cups beef broth
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups long grain rice
- parsley or sliced green onion (to garnish) (optional)
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
I confess I didn't expect much but I was gladly mistaken. This is delicious. I added some frozen mixed veggies to it (for a title nutrition boost)and it was simply wonderful. It's going in my monthly rotation. Thank you so much.
Thanks for the simple, flavorful dish!
Wow, just realized that I have not reviewed this recipe! I've made it a few times and my whole family loves it. I do leave out the brown sugar, because the teriyaki is pretty sweet without it. I think I used the broth, but don't remember for sure. I've actually told other people about this recipe and how good it is - I think I've actually emailed it to one of my friends. Thanks for posting!