Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a wonderful, flavorful side dish! Chopped, fried chicken can also be mixed in to make it a main dish meal.
- 4 cups water or 4 cups beef broth
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups long grain rice
- parsley or sliced green onion (to garnish) (optional)
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Thanks for the simple, flavorful dish!
Wow, just realized that I have not reviewed this recipe! I've made it a few times and my whole family loves it. I do leave out the brown sugar, because the teriyaki is pretty sweet without it. I think I used the broth, but don't remember for sure. I've actually told other people about this recipe and how good it is - I think I've actually emailed it to one of my friends. Thanks for posting!
This was delicious! I would recommend NOT using the salt if you are using broth however... After all was cooked I decided to make this more of a mian dish and stirred in some leftover veg (broccoli, carrot, cauliflower) and a few frozen pea pods, and some chopped grilled chicken thighs. This makes a great deal. # adults ate VERY well, and I still ahd enough left for another meal. GREAT way to stretch the budget with leftovers if you need to. I will definitely make this again.