Chef #208121's Note:
A Mori Nu recipe that we made the other night. Cooking time also includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup prune puree
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup sugar or 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 12 1/3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Pam an 8x8-inch pan.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients. The recipe says use food processor, however, since you are simply mixing them well, it is easier to do it by hand.
- 4Use the processor for this or have a LOT of energy: Place all the wet ingredients in a work bowl and process until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 5When smooth add the dry ingredients all at once and pulse until just moistened.
- 6Scrape into pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- 7Ours formed a ball that simply "fell out" leaving the processor almost clean. It did not effect the end result at all.
- 8Bake for 22 minutes or until they pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out of the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Tofu Brownie Snacks
Serving Size: 1 (805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g