Tasty, healthy treats, make the perfect appetizers for parties or dinners at home. The dish is vegan (as long as you get vegan wonton wrappers) and kosher, as well as quite good for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) package light firm tofu, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnut, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili pepper sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 36 -40 wonton wrappers
- 1Coat baking pans with non-stick spray or cover bottom with parchment paper.
- 2For filling, in a large bowl combine tofu, mushrooms, onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, chili sauce, and all spices.
- 3Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 4Brush edges of wrapper with water.
- 5Fold one corner of wrapper to opposite corner to form a triangle; press edges to seal.
- 6Arrange the wonton triangles on prepared baking sheets.
- 7Lightly coat the triangles with cooking spray.
- 8Bake, one sheet at a time, in a 400°F oven about 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and golden brown.
- 9Serve warm Chinese mustard, soy sauce, or sweet and sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Spicy Tofu Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g