Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty, healthy treats, make the perfect appetizers for parties or dinners at home. The dish is vegan (as long as you get vegan wonton wrappers) and kosher, as well as quite good for you.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) packagelight firm tofu, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned water chestnut, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bottled chili pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 36 -40 wonton wrappers
- Coat baking pans with non-stick spray or cover bottom with parchment paper.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine tofu, mushrooms, onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, chili sauce, and all spices.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Brush edges of wrapper with water.
- Fold one corner of wrapper to opposite corner to form a triangle; press edges to seal.
- Arrange the wonton triangles on prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly coat the triangles with cooking spray.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, in a 400°F oven about 10 minutes or until edges are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm Chinese mustard, soy sauce, or sweet and sour sauce.