Very exotic, but amazingly simple. A great veggie/vegan main course or a perfect side dish.
Make and share this Taste of Morocco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Sautè the zucchini, sweet potato, and garlic in the oil until partially cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Use water as necessary to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas.
- Add the spices, chick peas, and peppers to the pan.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and raisins in another saucepan.
- Add enough water so that the couscous is covered by about 1/2 inch.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover tightly, remove from the heat, and let set at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the pepper/chick pea mixture, stir, and cook a few minutes longer to heat thoroughly and thicken.
- Serve the bean-pepper stew over the couscous.