originally from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Make and share this Taco Bell Hot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the tomato paste with the water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the cayenne pepper; chili powder, salt cornstarch, vinegar, and dried onion and stir.
- Chop the jalapeno slices very fine.
- You can use a food processor, but don't puree.
- The best kind of jalapenos to use are those bottled for nachos or pizza.
- Add them to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture to boiling.
- Continue to stir about 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let the sauce stand until cool, and then put in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
- This will last for 1 to 2 months.