In Thailand, bananas are used for desserts such as this one! Simple recipes like this are also used in the Caribbean! From Vegetarian Times cookbook.
- In a dry skillet, toast the sesame seeds until golden. Set aside.
- Squeeze lime juice over banana slices and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar and water over a slow, even heat until the temperature reaches about 235*F. on a candy thermometer and the mixture forms threads. The syrup should be thick and bubbling.
- Remove from the heat.
- Butter a sheet of waxed paper.
- Dip the banana slices into the syrup, place them on the waxed paper.
- sprinkle them with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!