1/1 Photo of Sweet Sesame Bananas
In Thailand, bananas are used for desserts such as this one! Simple recipes like this are also used in the Caribbean! From Vegetarian Times cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dry skillet, toast the sesame seeds until golden. Set aside.
- 2Squeeze lime juice over banana slices and set aside.
- 3In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar and water over a slow, even heat until the temperature reaches about 235*F. on a candy thermometer and the mixture forms threads. The syrup should be thick and bubbling.
- 4Remove from the heat.
- 5Butter a sheet of waxed paper.
- 6Dip the banana slices into the syrup, place them on the waxed paper.
- 7sprinkle them with the sesame seeds.
- 8Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sesame Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 64.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g