1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Spread
Entered for safe-keeping, from Clean Eating, Fall 2008. Should be a great spread, maybe even a dip, for raw vegetables or whole wheat crackers. Can't wait to try this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1COOK POTATOES:.
- 2In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife (about 30 minutes). (During this period, prepare sauce.).
- 4Remove from saucepan. When cool, remove skin.
- 5PREPARE SAUCE:.
- 6While potatoes are cooking, peel carrot and onion, and chop into small pieces.
- 7Place chopped carrot and onion into another saucepan and cover with 1/2 cup of water.
- 8Simmer carrots and onions until soft, about 8 minutes.
- 9COMBINE IN FOOD PROCESSOR:.
- 10Pureee sweet potato in a food processor with tahini or almond butter, curry powder, and ground cumin until just combined.
- 11Add carrot-onion mixture and puree until smooth.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Spread
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g