Entered for safe-keeping, from Clean Eating, Fall 2008. Should be a great spread, maybe even a dip, for raw vegetables or whole wheat crackers. Can't wait to try this.
- COOK POTATOES:.
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are soft when pierced with a knife (about 30 minutes). (During this period, prepare sauce.).
- Remove from saucepan. When cool, remove skin.
- PREPARE SAUCE:.
- While potatoes are cooking, peel carrot and onion, and chop into small pieces.
- Place chopped carrot and onion into another saucepan and cover with 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer carrots and onions until soft, about 8 minutes.
- COMBINE IN FOOD PROCESSOR:.
- Pureee sweet potato in a food processor with tahini or almond butter, curry powder, and ground cumin until just combined.
- Add carrot-onion mixture and puree until smooth.