A nice change from pumpkin soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- 3Add the sweet potato and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add the water and salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are very tender.
- 7Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, reserving a few chunks to stir back in for texture if desired.
- 8Blend in the sugar and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g