Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Based on http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_corn_black_bean_hash.html which is slightly different. They suggest garnishing with fresh cilantro, lime, and fresh ground black pepper. Things we haven't tried yet: adding sweetener, adding more seasoning, adding peppers.
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, in half inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin, generous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans or 1 1⁄2 cups kidney beans, soaked or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Sauté onions until they start to brown.
- Add sweet potato and continue cooking for about seven minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and salt on top and continue sautéing for 30 seconds.
- Stir in water and cook until it is absorbed.
- Add corn and beans and finish cooking through.
This was awesome! Family and potluck of 30 approved! Delicious!
wow, i would never have put those ingredients together. thanks! it was delicious. the only thing i added was pepper to spice it up. great recipe.