1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Bread
A lot of sweet potato bread recipies on Zaar seem to have a lot of butter and sugar in, but this version is the type you'd make a cheese sandwich with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, and then mash thoroughly. Leave to cool.
- 2Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, then add the yeast, caraway seeds and black pepper.
- 3Add the sweet potato and rub it in well.
- 4Add enough water to make a soft dough, and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 5Leave the dough in a warm place until doubled in size (1-2 hours).
- 6Knock back the dough on a floured surface and knead again briefly. Place in a greased loaf tin and leave to rise again for another 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/ gas mark 6 and bake the loaf for 30-35 minutes until the bread is risen, golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g