This is a wonderful refreshing dessert or palate cleanser that I adapted from a recipe found in Pino Luongo's " Simply Tuscan". I serve it in frozen, hollowed out orange halves, garnished with a mint leaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the orange juice with 1 cup sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2Strain mixture through a sieve into a metal bowl and add the lemon juice.
- 3Put the bowl in the freezer.
- 4When the mixture begins to thicken (around 1/2 an hour), whisk in 1 tbls.
- 5of the remaining sugar and put back in the freezer Repeat the thickening and whisking in sugar steps two more times, until the mixture reaches the consistency of a fine slush.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Orange Granita
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 71.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g