Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom used to make this salad when she was a caterer. At first, people where afraid of it. However, once a few brave souls gave it a try; it's popularity grew in our small town.
- Remove peel from oranges, and slice 1/8 inch slices across to make discs.
- Clean onion and slice into discs also (as thin as possible).
- Seperate onion slices into rings.
- Put oranges and onions together in a medium to large bowl.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Toss to mix evenly.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- Best if it can sit at least an hour.
- Can be eaten as is, or used as a topping for a green salad.