My mom used to make this salad when she was a caterer. At first, people where afraid of it. However, once a few brave souls gave it a try; it's popularity grew in our small town.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove peel from oranges, and slice 1/8 inch slices across to make discs.
- 2Clean onion and slice into discs also (as thin as possible).
- 3Seperate onion slices into rings.
- 4Put oranges and onions together in a medium to large bowl.
- 5Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- 6Toss to mix evenly.
- 7Let sit a few minutes before serving.
- 8Best if it can sit at least an hour.
- 9Can be eaten as is, or used as a topping for a green salad.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g