This is a great appetizer or compliment to a meal. We find it so much better than the jars we purchase which cost anywhere from $5 to $8 for an eight ounce jar. You will be amazed!
- 1 quart pickled sliced jalapeno
- 2 cups sugar
- Drain and thoroughly rinse jalapenos in cold water.
- (I cover them with water in a pan and drain in a collandar several times) Place jalapenos in a glass container and cover with sugar.
- Refrigerate overnite or until sugar turns to syrup.
- Serve with cream cheese and crackers or with roasted turkey or chicken.
- These are soooo expensive when purchased but so easy to make and Yummy!
Nice idea to serve the jalapenos up in a different way. Folks at work were intrigued with the easy recipe
Very tasty! I love that I can now make these at home. I have always balked at the price of these peppers when I would see them at the store. These were delicious on toast spread with cream cheese.
Love them! Found your recipe and figured it had to be cheaper to buy a big jar and make them than to buy what my family calls "Sweet Hots". I didn't want to do the whole jar as I like jalapenos with just about anything so I used a smaller jar, stuffed it full, and started with 1/4 cup sugar. Ended up (like another reviewer) using about 3/4 cup sugar in the end. But it was easily adjustable to personal sweet/hot preference. They are wonderful. Plan on making another jar and giving to my parents since they love them too. Thanks for posting!