This sweet and delicious marmalade has a secret that your carrot hating kids will never know unless you tell them. It is a cousin to orange marmalade, using grated carrots instead of orange rind. Try it, you'll love it!
My Private Note
8 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, deep stainless steal saucepan, combine carrots, pears, pineapple with juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and boil gently 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from heat and whisk in pectin until dissolved.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- 6Add sugar all at once, and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 7Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- 9Ladle into 6 (8 oz.) hot canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 10Wipe jar lips clean and seal jars with canning lids.
- 11Place jars in large pot or canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water.
- 12Bring to a boil and process 10 minutes.
- 13Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Carrot Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 247.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 234.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g