1/1 Photo of Sweet and Hot Garlic Sauce
Vegan Courtney's Note:
From the book "Real Vegetarian Thai." It's one of my new favorites--I put a tablespoon of it in just about everything I stir-fry. If you're not a spicy fan, you can turn down the heat by adding less of the chili sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, comine the sugar, water, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Turn to medium-low and keep cooking until the sauce is a little syrupy (18-25 min).
- 4Remove from heat and add the chili sauce--mix well; it will turn a nice amber-orange.
- 5Let cool to room temperature, then keep refrigerate in an airtight jar for up to three weeks.
- 6When using, heat a little bit until it thins to a slightly syrupy consistency.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Hot Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3616.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 275.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 267.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g