Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sushi can be very addicting, and once you get the hang of it, surprisingly easy to make!
Make and share this Sushi Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Cut vinegar mixture into cooked rice until well combined.
- To roll sushi you can use a bamboo sushi mat, or just use a clean towel instead, or you can even forgo the roller and just carefully roll using your hands.
- Place nori sheet on roller and spread a thin layer of the sushi rice over the nori.
- Place your filling in a center line on the nori sheet.
- Begin rolling by carefully folding over the top edge and starting the roll.
- Continue to roll, keeping the roll as tight as possible.
- Take a sharp knife and slice the roll into 1- 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Some Possible Sushi Filling Combos----------.
- Once you have your layer of rice on the nori sheet, try some of these ingredient combos.
- Mix and match to suit your taste.
- Things like thinly sliced cucumber or carrots and radish sprouts are good general ingredients to add to all kinds of rolls.
- Spicy Tuna Roll-- Sushi grade raw tuna, minced and mixed with a small amounts of mayonnaise, oriental style hot sauce and sesame oil and served with radish sprouts.
- California Roll-- Imitation crab meat, mayonnaise and avocado.
- Salmon& Asparagus (one of my personal creations)-- Leftover cooked salmon (grilled tastes best) with an blanched asparagus spear and a small amount of mayonnaise mixed with oriental hot sauce.
- Veggie-- Thinly julienned strips of cucumber, carrot and zucchini with avocado slices and sprouts.
I think there was way too much vinegar. It seemed to give it too strong of a vinegar taste and made it too moist.