1/1 Photo of Sushi Rice
Sushi from the store can be quite expensive...sushi's quite good for you, very easy to make and extremely tasty! Here's a recipe for sushi rice so that you can get rolling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups short-grain rice or 2 cups sushi rice (NOT long-grained!!!!)
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sushi vinegar
- 1Bring water to a boil.
- 2Pour in rice and boil for one minute, uncovered.
- 3Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 4Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Let sit for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- 6Put into large non-metal bowl and cut in sushi vinegar with a wooden spatula.
- 7Let the rice cool further- one method is to spread the rice out on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet to cool.
- 8Use to roll your sushi!
- 10**SushiVinegar** Put vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 11Stir until dissolved and remove from heat.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1057 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g