1/2 Photos of Sushi Love - Vegan
I learned how to make sushi from www.theppk.com These are my favorite fillings but the possibilites are endless.
My Private Note
yummy b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 sheets nori
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 ounces firm tofu, fried,cut into rectangle cubes
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (optional)
- black sesame seed (for inside out rolls)
- soy sauce, for dipping
- pickled ginger
- water, with a
- 1 dash vinegar, to keep the rice from sticking to your hands
- 1you will also need: bamboo rolling mat; saran wrap for inside out roll; serrated knife.
- 2In a pot, bring sushi rice and water to a boil then lower heat and cook for about 25 minute.
- 3Transfer rice to a glass bowl.
- 4Add vinegar and sugar and let cool down to room temperature.
- 5Keep your hands wet with water vinegar mixture to keep rice from sticking to your hands.
- 6Place 1 nori sheet on bamboo and spread out about 1 handful sushi rice, covering 3/4 of the nori sheet, leaving an ucovered"tab" (use extra rice if needed).
- 7Uncovered"tab" should be away from you.
- 8Place fillings in any order and combination you prefer.
- 9Gently roll sushi.
- 10Slice roll into 8 pieces using a serrated knife.
- 11For an inside-out roll do step 1-5.
- 12Place saran wrap over rice and flip over with the uncover"tab" towards you.
- 13Place fillings in any order and combination you prefer.
- 14Gently roll sushi making sure you don't get the saran wrap caught in your roll, it's a bit tricky.
- 15Sprinkle black sesame seeds.
- 16Slice roll into 8 pieces using a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sushi Love - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (1243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g