Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this, because when my friend and I created it, it was reasonably fast and incredibly tasty!
Make and share this Super-Healthy, Super-Spicy Indian Vegetable Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 eggplant, 1 inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 5 carrots, chopped . 2 thick
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 small potatoes, microwaved until soft and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -4 tablespoons coriander, to taste
- 3 tablespoons red peppers
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded, if necessary) (optional)
- basil, to taste
- lemongrass, to taste
- lemon, to taste
- Begin by spraying the bottom of a large pot with PAM (or similar substitute). Take the onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- In a separate pan, sautée the eggplant until lightly browned on all sides. Add a small amount of water to the eggplant and cover, simmering, for five minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomato and carrot to the garlic and onion. Stir and add 1/2 cup of water. Add other vegetables, cover and simmer until the eggplant is ready. Add the eggplant, and the spices, to the pot. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft and spicy.
- Great with rice, quinoa, or as a meal alone!