Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such a fast and easy recipe that you can through together in a few minutes. This is based on a recipe from Rachael Ray's TV show, "30 Minute Meals". The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts -- no need to refrigerate before serving!
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin (about half a palm full)
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco recommended)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil (approximately) or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (approximately)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a bowl.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.