Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something i threw together for my kids. Being allergic to tomatoes, I haven't tasted this and don't know how strong the spices are, but my 3 and 5 year olds love it! Sometimes I add diced veggies (like zucchini, and mushrooms), but often i leave them out and just serve this 'as is' with steamed vegetables on the side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- In medium saucepan, cook garlic (and any other veggies you might like) in olive oil until soft
- add tomatoes, spices, and beans and stir well.
- let simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes (It will not hurt to let it simmer longer. I frequently make this early in the afternoon and let it simmer until supper time).