1/6 Photos of Sunday Dinner Veggies on a Baking Stone
1 hr 20 mins
I find that doing your veggies on a baking stone gives then a rich mellow flavor. The number of veggies you do, of course, depends on how many servings you need. I manage to fit all these veggies on a 15" stone to do two servings. Sweet potato wedges are wonderful but only need about 20 minutes. The mushrooms are heavenly and are done when they start to sweat. I would not recommend doing broccoli, cauliflower or marinated veggies on the stone, however you can add a sprinkle of something or dry spice combos. It is great preparing your veggies in advance and just have your final cooking step left to do and all on one stone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cut in half
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and half cooked
- 2 parsnips, peeled, half cooked, cut in half
- 2 medium onions, peeled, cross cut on top, sprinkled with a bit of balsamic vinegar
- 1 head garlic, outer skin removed, sprinkled with olive oil on top
- 6 large mushrooms, cleaned (or any combination of veggies that you want, however root veggies are best, broccoli etc. do not len)
- salt & pepper
- 1If you are using a veggie that will discolor (potatoes) put them in a bowl and cover with water.
- 2Heat oven to 375 and allow approx 45- 50 minutes for the veggies to cook.
- 3Put a piece of bakers paper on your room temperature baking stone (set in it's rack).
- 4Place potatoes on the stone and put in the oven.
- 5Next after about 15 minutes put the onions, carrots& parsnips in the oven.
- 6Also put in your garlic (cover the garlic with a clay garlic cooker lid if you have one, if not leave it open).
- 7When you feel they are half done turn the veggies.
- 8Finally 10 minutes before serving put in the mushrooms.
- 9Depending on the size of the veggies and how crisp you like them will determine your exact timing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Dinner Veggies on a Baking Stone
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 109.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: