2 hrs 15 mins
A beautiful, brightly-colored, flavorful bagel. Great with soup, used for a sandwich, or just toasted!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure ingredients into bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough Cycle.
- 2When done, remove dough to a lightly floured surface; cover with a large bowl and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Shape the dough into a round cylinder about a foot long.
- 4Cut into 8 portions 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) wide. Push thumbs through the center of each piece and pull into a bagel shape, rounding all the surfaces.
- 5Place dough on prepared baking sheet; cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- 6Bring a large pot of water and 1 tbsp sugar to a gentle yet full boil.
- 7Immerse bagels in water one at a time, turning upside down. Hold under the water for 20 seconds with a skimmer or large spoon until the dough becomes a little puffy.
- 8Bake on slightly greased baking sheet in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the bagels sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- 9Before baking, you can brush the tops with egg white for crispier outer layer.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 130.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g