Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this as a way to use my favorite garden items. I could eat it every day. All amounts are subject to your own taste.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, cut or torn (to taste)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic for 1 minute.
- Remove garlic and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to the hot pan and cook until it softens, then add zucchini.
- Cook and stir 4-5 minutes, then add in the tomatoes.
- Cook together until juicies and ingredients have blended together, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in salt, pepper, basil and reserved garlic.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Excellent recipe that fed 2 adults and one toddler and had enough for lunch the next day when combined with enough pasta. Easy to make.