Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a big batch that will keep in the fridge for 1 week, but it has never lasted that long! I grow everything except the garlic in my garden so we always have the ingredients on hand.
- Submerge the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds and then plunge into cold water to remove the skins.
- Squeeze the tomato over the sink to remove excess juice (if you don't your salsa will be watery).
- Place in a large bowl and using your hands or potato masher smash the tomato up till no big chunks.
- Stir in onion, peppers (you may wish to taste the salsa as you add the serrano to control the heat), cilantro, and garlic.
- Add sugar, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 1/2 hour before serving to incorporate the flavors. time includes chill time.
Delicious! I didn't have much cilantro, so added some parsley too. Mmmm, it's been awhile since I made fresh salsa. Why did I wait so long? Thank you!