This is a super simple recipe that my entire extended family has adopted. It does takes 3 hours from start to finish, but the results are really worth it.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet or an oven-proof stone. Bake for one hour.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, flip them to the other side, and bake another hour.
- Once the second hour has passed, turn OFF the oven and keep the potatoes in the oven for another hour.
- This long baking time produces a very sweet sweet potato that is very easy to peel. They are almost carmelized. (Take a bite before you add the butter, it really doesn't need it).
veggie_mama, I'm sorry, what was that? I was looking in my oven...
Wonderful recipe...just as good as Texas Roadhouse sweet potatoes!!
The BEST sweet potato I have ever eaten. I skipped the butter as it didn't need it.....the natural sweetness was excellent. I can't believe that this recipe has been waiting for me all these years. So glad I finally found it. I am baking these for the 2nd time today and will be making many more times in the future. Thank you so much for posting.