1/3 Photos of Stupendous Slow Baked Sweet Potatoes
3 hrs 2 mins
This is a super simple recipe that my entire extended family has adopted. It does takes 3 hours from start to finish, but the results are really worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- 2Scrub sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet or an oven-proof stone. Bake for one hour.
- 3Remove sweet potatoes from oven, flip them to the other side, and bake another hour.
- 4Once the second hour has passed, turn OFF the oven and keep the potatoes in the oven for another hour.
- 5This long baking time produces a very sweet sweet potato that is very easy to peel. They are almost carmelized. (Take a bite before you add the butter, it really doesn't need it).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stupendous Slow Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g