The recipe, from Ontario's Cataract Inn, is an excellent base for a salad dressing. The vinegar keeps well if refrigerated; expect it to last about a year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the ingredients; cover and bring up to a boil. Let simmer for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 2Pour mixture into a clean glass jar, preferably one you've sterilized first. Loosely cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- 3The following morning, strain mixture (discarding fruit) and decant into clean bottles. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- 4Let sit in fridge for one week before using, to allow flavours to fully develop.
- 5This vinegar makes an excellent salad dressing when 1/2 cup of it is whisked together with a tsp or two of dijon mustard, some salt and pepper, two or three tsps of freshly squeezed lemon juice and about a cup of canola oil.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Peach Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (1164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g