Prep 5 hrs
Cook 7 mins
Very refreshing--perfect for a celebration.
Make and share this Strawberry Champagne Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne
- fresh strawberries
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove sugar syrup from heat; cool.
- Place thawed strawberries in container of an electric blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour through a wire mesh strainer into a 8-inch square pan, pressing with back of spoon against the sides of the strainer to squeeze out juice.
- Discard pulp and seeds.
- Stir lemon juice, sugar syrup, and champagne into strawberry puree.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add frozen mixture, and process until smooth.
- Return to pan and freeze until firm.
- Repeat processing procedure, and return mixture to pan; freeze until firm.
- Spoon into glasses, and serve with fresh strawberries.
This is a terrific recipe--i suggest doubling it --i actually used 16 oz frozen strawberries and added more lemon--after freezing and blenderizing 3 times, I put it in my ice cream maker. I used an inexoensive bottle of dry bubbly,not brut