1 hr 25 mins
This is superb over ice cream, but try it over pancakes for a tasty breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, place rhubarb, lemon juice, zest and salt; add just enough cold water to cook.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 45 minutes-- check occasionally and add water if necessary.
- 3If you think there's too much liquid, cook uncovered until the excess liquid has evaporated.
- 4Stir in the strawberry jam and cinnamon; combine well.
- 5Add the sugar, starting with about 1 cup; stir well and cook until dissolved.
- 6Taste for sweetness and add more sugar if you wish.
- 7Note that supermarket (hothouse) rhubarb is typically sweeter than homegrown, so you may need extra sugar if you're using rhubarb from your own or a friend's garden.
- 8Store in refrigerator; keeps well for a few days.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Cinnamon Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 78.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g