Yep, another healthy & natural made up recipe of mine - actually, this was the kind of bread my mom used to eat when she was little, so it's technically not 'made up' but I've just changed the ingredients a bit to make it healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Add half of the water and continue mixing.
- 3Gradually add the remaining half until the ingredients forms a slightly sticky dough(NOTE: since corn flour doesn't have gluten, the dough is not as well formed compared to using 100% wheat, so you can expect it to not stick together and will see separate pieces).
- 4Shape the dough into 8 individual balls and flatten them out into round patties approximately 1-2 cms thick.
- 5Put them in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes on high heat.
- 6Reduce the heat to medium when you can see the steam coming out, and continue steaming for another 10 minutes.
- 7Remove immediately from steamer after they're done since they tend to be sticky at the bottom.
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Cornbread/Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g