My friend Stacey significantly modified a recipe she found on allrecipes.com. It's a vegan recipe, and even though I am a happy carnivore, I would eat these veggie burgers over a beef burger any day!
- Microwave carrot slices in 1/4 inch water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Mash carrots and garbanzo beans.
- Add salsa and corn flakes.
- Mix in flour. Add more salsa if mixture is too thick.
- Season with pepper, salt and chile powder.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Either fry on medium high heat (with cooking spray) for 8 minutes per side, until golden brown or spray cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.