1/1 Photo of Split Pea and Lentil Soup With Vegetables
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a resturant owner in Napa it has virtually zero fat and tons of flavor. The best part is that it is very easy to make!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces split peas
- 8 ounces lentils
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 small red potatoes, cut into half inch cubes
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1Rinse lentils and split peas well then add to boiling water and simmer until done, about 40 minutes keep checking water before this adding if water goes below beans, drain.
- 2Heat olive oil in large pot, saute onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are clear about 5 minutes.
- 3Add celery, carrots and 1 cup of water, simmer until al dente.
- 4Add 4 cups water and cooked lentils and split peas.
- 5Squeeze tomatoes, add juice and friut to pot.
- 6Add v8 juice, salt, pepper, paprika, and basil to pot.
- 7Bring to a boil reduce heat to simmer. Add potatoes and spinach, simmer until potatoes are done about 30 minutes, stirring at least every 10 minutes.
- 8Garnish with parmasean cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Split Pea and Lentil Soup With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 743.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g