This is a low fat, not too bad on the calories recipe. Really satisfying, especially on cold days. It can be a meal in itself
- Put lentils& bay leaf into a sauce pan and cover with water until the water is 1" above the lentils, bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer until tender 40-50 minutes.
- You may have to add a bit of water if they cook dry.
- Remove from heat, cover& keep warm, Drain off any excess water.
- In a large skillet or wok heat oil.
- Saute the garlic& carrot until golden.
- Stir in spinach until just wilted (do not over cook).
- Stir the spinach into the lentils and season to taste.
- Mix in lemon juice.
This was very good .. spinach and lentils are two of my fav's .. I used 2 cloves of garlic, as i dont like it very much .. thanks, will make this again soon!!
I added a little less red pepper to make it less bland.
This was nice, but a tad too garlicky for me. I used yellow lentils, and had this with fresh bread for a satisfying lunch. Next time I'll try this with onions instead of garlic.