This comes from a Spanish cookbook I own. I have made it using about 1/2 cup of jarred, roasted, marinated bell pepper strips instead of the pimientos mentioned, and that worked well. And yes, it is 11 cups of spinach-it cooks away so much!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden, but not brown; remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
- 3Add the onion and cumin, turmeric and cayenne and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add the chickpeas and stir until coated with the oil and spices.
- 5Stir in the spinach with just the water clinging to it, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- 6Uncover, stir in the pimientos and continue cooking, stirring gently until the liquid evaporates.
- 7Season to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach With Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 724.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g