1 hr 5 mins
This comes from my favourite cookbook: Three bowls by Seppo Ed Farrey and Myochi Nancy O'Hara. It makes a great side dish and any leftovers fry up with some tofu very well indeed. The instructions are given as in the book but I have included my own method for a rice cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the rice well until the water runs clear.
- 2Place the olive oil, tamari and mirin along with enough water to make 4 cups in a pan and bring to the boil.
- 3Once boiling add the rice, cover and simmer for 50 mins until rice is tender.
- 4For rice cookers place the liquid ingredients and the water in the cooker and turn on the cooker. Once it is bubbling add the rice and allow it to finish the cycle.
- 5Once the rice is cooked bring 1/2 cup water to the boil and add the spinach. Simmer for 5 mins and drain well.
- 6Mix the spinach into the rice and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Rice
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g