Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Supposed to be one of Madonna's favorite recipes.
Make and share this Spinach and Penne recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 8 ounces penne
- Heat oil in a big pan.
- Add onion on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Cover up for 20 minutes.
- Add olives, spinach and parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and put them in a big serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes mix and mix lightly.
Very yummy and flexible recipe to suit people's individual tastes. I also found it needed some extra seasonings. I added a little salt, lots of pepper and a little parmesan at the end. I used about twice as much olives as well. Very yummy and flexible recipe to suit people's individual tastes.
This was yummy. I also added extra seasonings, and I used frozen spinach. It tasted great.
Delicious! I used tube pasta instead as I didn't have any penne. Also added a bit more water as there wasnt enough liquid, and 2 garlic cloves minced, a pinch of oregano, basil and black pepper to liven it up a bit.