1/2 Photos of Spicy Tomato Chickpea Stew
This recipe also comes from Family Circle's Fast Vegetarian Cookbook and is the perfect stew/soup for a cold night. It is filling, easy to make, tastes super yummy and is healthy, too. What more can you ask for? :) I modified it a little to have it produce a smaller quantity and suite my taste even more. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a pan. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- 2Mix in spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and chickpeas.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 5Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 6Just before serving stir in the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tomato Chickpea Stew
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 417.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g