This recipe also comes from Family Circle's Fast Vegetarian Cookbook and is the perfect stew/soup for a cold night. It is filling, easy to make, tastes super yummy and is healthy, too. What more can you ask for? :) I modified it a little to have it produce a smaller quantity and suite my taste even more. I hope you enjoy.
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Mix in spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Just before serving stir in the parsley.