1/3 Photos of Spicy? Sweet? Marinara Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
I use this as a base for everything: pizza, stuffed shells, Parmesan chicken, you name it. I've used so many combinations over the years. The two key ingredients to me are hot red pepper flakes and sugar. Hope it works for you. If you have fresh herbs by all means use them, just remember you'll need more than amounts listed for dried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onions and garlic in oil till soft.
- 2Add whole tomatoes, breaking them up with spoon into smaller chunks.
- 3Let tomato liquid simmer down for about 15 minutes.
- 4Add all other ingredients and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 5Can be doubled and frozen for later use.
- 6Servings is a guess.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy? Sweet? Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 909.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g