2 hrs 20 mins
Israel has a zillion versions of hummous, but this is one version I could only find in the States. This was developed over trial and error (and lots of searching for recipes) until I got it just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs cooked garbanzo beans, soaked overnight
- 2 cups water, from cooking garbanzo beans
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 lb roasted red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1Boil the garbanzo beans till very well done.
- 2This could take up to 2 hours.
- 3Drain the water, saving 2 cups for later.
- 4Place the beans in a food processor.
- 5Blend to a smooth consistency, adding the lemon juice and tahini a little at a time.
- 6Add the roasted red peppers, onions, garlic and spices (don't forget the salt).
- 7Check the thickness of the hummous.
- 8If it's too thick for it to properly blend, then add a little garbanzo water at a time, until it's reached the thickness you prefer.
- 9Transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- 10Mix in the chopped parsley in with a wire whisk.
- 11Taste and adjust seasoning.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummous
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g